Dropshipping is a great business model for a first-time online entrepreneur or for someone seeking startup business option requiring limited capital to get started. It’s attractive because it’s a low-risk way of starting your own business, thus doesn’t feel like so much of a gamble.
Website flipping is becoming a lucrative source of income for switched-on entrepreneurs from all corners of the globe.
In fact, the popularity of website flipping is steadily on the rise worldwide for three key reasons:
- More people are turning to online businesses to generate an income
- As a general population, our capabilities for website design and maintenance are increasing
- There are more websites on the internet than ever before!
But what exactly is website flipping, and how does it work? Keep on reading to find out…
In the following table you will find a comparison of the best, most reputable domain registrars on the market in 2017. The below is based on my own personal experience with each domain registrar, as well as hours of additional research to incorporate the experiences of others.
|Price for .com (Introductory)||Price for .com (1 yr Renewal)||Technical Support||Custom Name Servers?||Privacy Per Year|
|Promos from $0.99||$14.99||24/7 with local phone numbers, email, livechat, tickets||Yes||Domain privacy $7.99/yr|
|NameCheap||Promos from $10.69 (include Whois guard)||$14.37||24/7 livechat, email, tickets||Yes||Whois guard $3.87/yr|
|1and1||Promos from $0.99||$14.99||24/7 phone, livechat, tickets||Yes||Free|
|Register.com||Promos from $5.00||Limited hours||Yes||Private domain registration $11/yr|
|Name.com||$9.99||$12.99||Business hours (US) on phone, ticket support||Yes||Whois privacy $4.99/yr|
|Crazydomains.com||$12.49||$12.49||24/7 with local phone numbers, livechat, email, tickets||Yes||Domain privacy $7.00/yr|
Best Domain Registrar in 2017 (The Freedom Chaser Recommends….)
In my free Guide to Choosing a Perfect Domain Name, you’ll discover everything you need to consider when choosing a domain name for your business. Of course, once you have chosen a domain name then you need a reliable domain name registrar, and and you can see from the above comparison there are several great options to choose from when looking to register your website domain.
For the most part, each of these domain registrars offers comparable pricing, service, functionality and privacy. But there can only be one clear winner, and my firm recommendation for the best domain registrar on the market in 2017 is…
Godaddy offers, in my honest opinion, the most consistent levels of customer services and pricing. I have used Godaddy for over 15 years and grown accustomed to a consistent level of service and pricing throughout this time. I strongly recommend that you use Godaddy too – you don’t want to risk one of the biggest assets of your online business on a second-class domain registrar.
If you’re keen as a bean to register a domain name now, check out these step-by-step instructions for registering a domain name with Godaddy.
Buying a domain name is a milestone in the journey of becoming a budding online entrepreneurs, but it needn’t be a daunting task. In fact, if you follow the steps below, the process of registering your domain name is a very straightforward task… it’s actually the challenge of finding a great domain name in the first place that is the complex and time-consuming part of the equation. (Luckily, I’ve written a lengthy article to guide you through the process of finding the perfect domain name but if you are pressed for time or creativity, head straight to my Domain Name Generator to find your perfect domain name in record time!)
To register a domain name with Godaddy (winner of The Freedom Chaser’s 2017 domain registrar comparison):
- Brainstorm and record your domain name ideas
- Visit Godaddy.com
- Type your domain name ideas into the Search bar
- If your .com name is available, add it to shopping cart immediately (if your .com name is not available, go back to the drawing board and repeat steps 1-3 until you have success)
- View your shopping cart
- Select your time period (I recommend 24 months)
- Do NOT select any additional items during the purchase process, you will not need them (the only one I would consider is WHOIS Privacy if you want to keep your identity completely anonymous)
- Enter your details
- Complete the transaction
- Await your confirmation email
BINGO! Congrats on taking the plunge. Getting started it half the battle, and you’ve now completed an exciting step that many people just like you will never even take. Now it’s time for your next trick – it’s time to set up your web hosting!
Fast-Track → GoDaddy Domain Name Generator
Don’t have the time to brainstorm ideas for your blog or website? Check this handy tool I created to speed up the process of finding great domain names. All you need to do is enter your theme or keyword, and within second my Domain Name Generator will create a list of 100% available domains for your consideration. You’re welcome!
Visit The Freedom Chaser’s Free Godaddy Domain Name Generator >>
Leading Bloggers in the past 12 months are:
- Gina Trapani who founded Lifehacker (https://www.lifehacker.com.au/), a website focussed on the xxx niche
- PerezHilton.com who has a blog focused on Hollywood ‘news’ which nets over $1M per year
- Mashable founded by Pete Cashmore which takes in over $500k per month
- Techcrunch at $400k
- Huffington Post, Arianna Huffington $2,300,000 Monthly
- Mashable, Pete Cashmore, $560,000
- Perez Hilton, Maria Lavandeira $450,000
- TechCrunch, Michael Arrington $400,000
- Smashing Magazine, Vitaly Friedman $190,000
- Timothy Sykes $150,000
- Gothamist, Jake Dobkin $110,000
- Tuts Plus, Collis Taeed $110,000
- Car Advice, Alborz Fallah $70,000
- Venture Beat, Matt Marshall $62,000
- John Chow, over $100k a month
- https://www.busybudgeter.com/april-2016-blogging-income-report/ $24k per month
- http://pinchofyum.com/november-traffic-income-report#income $95k per month
- https://justagirlandherblog.com/december-2016-income-report/ $41k per month
- https://www.makingsenseofcents.com/2017/08/how-i-made-110897-33-in-july-blogging.html#more-31937 $110k per month
- http://www.melyssagriffin.com/december-2016-income-report/ $283k per month