Firstly, what are Cashback sites?
While the rising cost of living may be hampering your quest for financial freedom, you may have heard of the term ‘cashback sites’ being thrown around as an increasingly popular way for savvy shoppers in Australia to reduce their household spending. But what exactly are these cashback sites like Cashrewards and Shopback all about? Well, the premise of cashback sites is simple; Members receive a nominated percentage of their online purchase after the transaction has taken place. For example, if you bought a new pair of Size 10 Nike Dunks from The Iconic for $149 and the nominated cashback rate was 10% on Cashrewards.com.au, you would receive $14.90 back in your Cashrewards wallet approximately 30 days later.
Whilst technically you are not saving money at the time of purchase, when managed as effectively part of your household finances the cashback that accumulates over time can be treated as savings or even as an additional income stream.
With several cashback sites currently leading the chase in Australia, it can be challenging to determine which one is best suited to your shopping style. In this comprehensive comparison, we will examine and compare the main cashback options in Australia, exploring each of their features, benefits and user experiences. Once you’ve read this article, you’ll be equipped with all of the knowledge you’ll need to choose the best cashback site for each of your eligible purchases, meaning you can make your hard earned dollars go even further with this exciting new savings platform.
Cashrewards is one of the most popular cashback sites in Australia, having been around since 2012. Cashrewards now has the backing of ANZ bank and has grown to a whopping 2,000 cashback offers across well-known brands ranging across verticals including fashion, travel, electrical goods, alcohol and fitness.
Depending on the vertical, Members can expect average cashback rates of around 5%-7%, with regular Flash offers reaching as high as 20-40%, in some rare instances, even 100% cashback!
Whilst the most common method of qualifying for cashback via Cashrewards is by first clicking on the store name on the Cashrewards.com.au website before completing your purchase
Another cool feature with Cashrewards is the ability to link your everyday banking card to your account
The Cashrewards website is complemented by a separate mobile app for iOS and Android, and the platform also features a referral bonus program so that users can receive a cash incentive for signing up friends and family. In addition, from time to time Cashrewards offers one-off cash bonuses of $5-$10 when certain verticals are purchased from, so there are plenty of chances to grow your balance over time.
A minimum balance of $10.01 is required to cash out into your nominated bank account or Paypal account.
Everyday Cashrewards offers
Over 2,000 offers. Some of the most popular everyday Cashrewards offers include Amazon, Booking.com, Chemist Warehouse, Apple, Myer, The Iconic and First Choice Liquor.
Boosted Cashrewards deals
Boosted offers occasionally appear for a very limited window of time, including 100% cashback at Pizza Hut! For those looking for something a little more substantial, the boosted offers of up to 20% on travel websites such as Booking.com are also great opportunities to save.
Cashrewards merchant partners
The Cashrewards platform spans a huge number of verticals with some of the most popular including:
- Travel – Booking.com, Expedia, Stayz, Qatar Airways, Luxury Escapes and Accor
- Fashion – The Iconic, Uniqlo, Culture Kings, Surfstitch, David Jones and Lululemon
- Technology – Dell, Sony, AliExpress, Lenovo, Apple, Amazon and Bing Lee
- Home – MyDeal, Target, Big W, Nespresso, Myer
- Cosmetics – Jurlique, Armani, YSL, Lancome
- Dining – Uber Eats, Menulog, YouFoodz, Red Rooster, Subway
- Alcohol – Liquorland, First Choice, BWS, Vintage Cellars
Withdrawing cashback from Cashrewards
There are two methods for withdrawing cash from your Cashrewards Wallet:
- Bank Account transfer
- Paypal account
Minimum withdrawal amount
Cashrewards Refer A Friend
The standard referral fee is $20 for you and $20 for your friend. From time to time, this gets boosted.
How do you earn cashback with Cashrewards
The primary, most reliable and usually most lucrative method for earning cashback from Cashrewards:
- Log into your account on the Cashrewards website
- Search for the merchant you’d like to purchase from
- Click your dedicated link to that merchant
- Make the transaction within the same session (don’t close your browser)!
This will allow the link-based tracking to work as seamlessly as possible.
There are also some other methods that allow for cashback including instore card-linked offers (whereby the cashback automatically credits to your account), and by using the Cashrewards app.
Where you can earn cashback with Cashrewards
- Online – this makes up the majority of Cashrewards’ cashback offers
- Instore – a growing area on Cashrewards, primarily based on card-linked cashback offers
Cashrewards offer a user-friendly app on both iOS and Android. It’s a handy way to check out the current boosted offers and also check your balance when you’re on the move.
Cashrewards Browser Plugin
Cashrewards has a plugin for Chrome, Safari and Firefox called the Cashrewards Notifier. This provides you with notifications when you are browsing in search engines and online stores for Cashrewards cashback opportunities.
Cashrewards Login / Signup
TopCashback AU is a relatively new player in the Australian cashback scene, however has been in operation in the UK for many years, having started back in 2005 and now being a a major player in the US, China, France and Germany too. Already, Topcashback is making a mark in Australia having attracted 900 of Australia’s biggest brands including Myer, Asos, Uber Eats, Adore Beauty and Nike.
Everyday TopCashBack offers
TopCashback offer cashback on over 900 retailers on the platform. Some of the most popular everyday TopCashBack offers include:
- Amazon – up to 10% cashback
- Chemist Warehouse – 5% cashback
- Myer – up to 6.25% cashback
- Pizza Hut – up to 7% cashback
- eBay – 2% cashback
- The Iconic – up to 5% cashback
Boosted TopCashBack deals
Boosted offers occasionally appear on TopCashback for a limited time period, with recent examples including
- Amazon – $10 bonus cashback on a $20+ spend plus up to 10% cashback
- Pizza Hut – 100% cashback
- The Good Guys – 12% cashback
- NordVPN – 100% cashback
TopCashBack merchant partners
The TopCashBack platform spans a huge number of verticals with some of the most popular including:
- Travel – Expedia, Agoda, Accor, Virgin
- Marketplace – Amazon, eBay, Temu, Aliexpress,
- Fashion – The Iconic, Myer, ASOS, Lululemon, Nike
- Takeaways & Alcohol – Uber Eats, Menulog, Pizza Hut, First Choice, Liquorland,
- Health & Beauty – Chemist Warehouse, Adore Beauty, Lookfantastic
- Home & Garden – The Good Guys, Samsung, Koala, Dyson
Withdrawing cashback from TopCashBack
When your cashback shows as ‘payable’ in your account, you can withdraw it in to your bank account or via PayPal.
Minimum withdrawal amount
Minimum withdrawal amount is $0.01
Topcashback Refer A Friend
Another way to boost your earnings is through TopCashback’s tell-a-friend scheme. Once you sign up, you’ll be provided a unique link that you can share with your friends and family and TopCashback will reward you for it. Currently they offer $30 for every person you refer (once they have earnt at least $10 cashback) .
How do you earn cashback with TopCashBack
The primary, most reliable and most lucrative method for earning cashback from TopCashBack:
- Sign up or Log into your account on the TopCashBack website
- Search for the merchant you’d like to purchase from. They offer cashback on over 900 retailers
- Click on the pick ‘Get Cashback’ button. This will open the retailer’s website in a new tab
- On the retailer’s website, just shop as normal. Ensure that you make the transaction within the same session (don’t close your browser)! This will allow the link-based tracking to work as seamlessly as possible.
- The value of your purchase will be recorded in your account and cashback will show in your account as ‘pending’
- When the retailer validates the purchase it may show in your account as ‘confirmed’.
- Once they have received the fund from the retailer, it will then show up in your account as ‘payable’ (“Payable Cashback”). You are then free to withdraw your cashback via Bank Account Transfer or Paypal
Where you can earn cashback with TopCashBack
- Members can only earn cashback with their online purchases from over 900 retailers
The TopCashback team have advised me that their app will launch soon, so watch this space!
Topcashback Browser Plugin
A browser plugin for Topcashback is not available in Australia just yet, but since it is available in the US already it shouldn’t be too far away here.
Highest Cashback Guarantee
TopCashback’s aim is to be the most generous cashback site in Australia so they pass on 100% of the commission retailers pay them to their members. If however a member finds a better rate elsewhere, then they have their Highest Cashback Guarantee. Simply submit your claim, and they’ll not only match the higher rate but beat it by offering 110% the cashback rate of whatever their competitors are offering. Members can even submit a highest cashback guarantee claim.
TopCashback Login / Signup
ShopBack is another of the most popular cashback websites in Australia. It offers around 5% – 7% cashback on most everyday offers and has a user-friendly mobile app for Apple, Google and Huawei devices. ShopBack boasts over 10,000 partner stores, including popular Australian favorites like Big W, Myer, Coles and The Iconic. The site also offers a web browser plugin, a referral program and a minimum cashout amount of $10.01.
Everyday Shopback offers
There are over 2300 different online stores listed on Shopback’s shop directory. Each store has at least one everyday offer, and in many cases multiple everyday offers depending on their category, so it pays to shop around. Some of the most popular everyday Shopback offers include Amazon, Ebay, Myer, Iconic and David Jones.
There are also over 200 gift cards that you can earn cashback on, and over 1800 in-store offers if you link your debit card to your Shopback account, mainly at eateries including Subway and Roll’d.
Upsized Shopback deals
Upsized cashback offers on Shopback mean a short-term increase in cashback. Upsized cashback offers appear for a limited time only, usually 1-2 days. Typical upsized offers you may see on Shopback include 20% cashback at First Choice Liquor, 23% at Best & Less and 12% at Wotif.
Shopback merchant partners
Shopback’s merchants span across many industries, with some of the most popular including:
- Health & Beauty – Adore Beauty, Chemist Warehouse
- Shopping – Big W, Target, Ebay, Etsy
- Fashion – Myer, The Iconic, Nike, Asos
- Technology – Apple, Good Guys
- Food & Alcohol – Uber Eats, BWS
- Travel – Agoda, Flight Centre, Booking.com, Virgin Australia
Withdrawing cashback from Shopback
There are two methods for withdrawing cash from your Shopback account:
- Bank Account transfer
- Paypal account
Minimum withdrawal amount
Shopback Refer A Friend
The standard promotion for refering a friend to Shopback is to receive $30 in your account once they spend $10 or more. This does get boosted from time to time.
How do you earn cashback with Shopback
The method for earning cashback from online stores using Shopback is as follows:
- Sign in to Shopback and starting browsing online stores or products
- Visit the online store of choice via the Shopback App or website
- Buy the item (be sure to make the transaction within the same session to ensure it is tracked)
- Cashback will then be tracked in your Shopback account once the transaction is verified by the Shopback team
There are also some other methods that allow for cashback including instore. For this, look out for the Shopback QR code and be sure to scan it via the Shopback app before you pay.
Where you can earn cashback with Shopback
- Online – this makes up the majority of Shopback’s cashback offers
- Instore – a growing area on Shopback, based on scanning a QR code at the point-of-sale and paying through the Shopback App
- Gift Cards – browse and purchase gift cards through the Shopback App to receive cashback
Shopback a user-friendly mobile app for
- Apple App Store
- Google Play Store
- Huawei devices
It’s a handy way to check out the current offers and also to check your balance when you’re on the move.
Shopback Browser Plugin
Shopback has a browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox and Edge known as Shopback Button. The widget appears in qualifying stores as well as in search engine results pages, advising the user of the cashback they will receive on applicable purchases.
Shopback Login / Signup
Kickback is an Australian cashback site that advertises the possibility of up to 40% cashback, although typical cashback savings are around 5%. It features over 1,000 retailers Australia-wide, including Catch, Petbarn, Good Guys and Dan Murphy’s. Kickback’s ongoing referral program offers $5 for every friend you refer who signs up and spends a minimum of $20. The Kickback app, with a 4.1 rating, enhances the user experience.
Everyday Kickback offers
Kickback has over 1000 offers and stores, with cashback at up to 40%. Some of the most popular everyday Kickback offers include The Iconic, Myer, Cotton On and Bonds, with typical cashback around 5% – 6%.
Kickback works a little differently to Shopback and Cashrewards, as they don’t focus as much on boosted cashback deals. Instead, Kickback prefer to highlight stackable deals – for example 20% off sitewide + 5% cashback.
Kickback merchant partners
The Kick back platform spans across a variety of categories with some of the most popular being:
- Babies & Kids – Ergobaby, Lego, Mocka, Purebaby
- Fashion – Auguste, Billabong, Calvin Klein, Myer
- Healthy & Beauty – Clinique, Jurlique, Shaver Shop
- Pets – Petbarn, Pawz, Petstock
- Tech – Bing Lee, Boost Mobile, Microsoft, Dick Smith, Lenovo
- Travel – Emirates, Europcar, Expedia
Withdrawing cashback from Kickback
There are two methods for withdrawing cash from your Kickback account:
- Bank Account transfer (Y/N)
- Paypal account (Y/N)
Minimum withdrawal amount
Kickback Refer A Friend
For each friend you sign up to Kickback using your unique referral code you’ll both get $5 into your Kickback accounts. A minimum spend of $20 is required.
How do you earn cashback with Kickback
- Create a Kickback account and log in
- Start shopping at one of our partner stores. (You can add the Chrome extension to your browser to have a reminder pop up on your screen if you start to browse one of our Kickback’s retail websites and haven’t logged in to Kickback.)
- The amount of Cashback you will receive from shopping at each of our partner stores is clearly listed on our website.
- After you access the store via Kickback, we’ll track any purchases you make and credit the appropriate Cashback amount to your Kickback account.
Where you can earn cashback with Kickback
- Online – this makes up all of Kickback’s cashback offers
Kickback Mobile App
There is no Kickback mobile app available at this time.
Kickback Browser Plugin
Kickback has a Chrome browser plugin called the Magic Button. This allows you to see Kickback’s cashback opportunities in Google Search. The magic button has a cool feature, when clicked it changes colour so that you know it’s tracking your purchase.